Polly Wants A Cracker... and more
Here is a list of basic bird supplies to make shopping fun and easy.
- Cage – Make sure you choose a cage that will accommodate your pet when they are full grown. It is also important that your bird have enough room to stretch its wings and for toys.
- Food – Make sure to get the food your bird has been eating.
- Millet – Millet is a great treat for birds. We recommend feeding it especially when a bird is in a new home to ensure that they are eating enough.
- Dishes – It is nice to have three dishes. One for food, one for water and one for treats or fresh fruit and veggies.
- Carrier – This will make transporting your bird safe and easy.
- Bedding – This is important for a clean cage and a happy bird. We recommend paper based bedding. We do not recommend newspaper; the dye can be harmful to birds.
- Perches – We recommend using a variety of different textures and sizes when it comes to perches. This will help prevent arthritis in your bird’s feet.
- Toys – A variety of toys is important to help avoid boredom. We recommend rotating your bird’s toys every few weeks to keep them entertained.
- Treats – Treats are a great way to reward your bird when it is out of its cage to play.
- Treat Sticks – A treat that you can leave in your bird’s cage.
- Vitamin supplement – These are vitamins you add to your bird’s water to ensure they are getting all they need to maintain a strong immune system.
- Cuttle Bone/Mineral Block – This is to help keep birds bones strong.
Corners Pet & Grooming has all of your bird needs in one convenient place with a helpful and qualified staff that can answer all of your bird questions.